Preschool?Posted: September 20, 2012
A few concurrent situations have been going on in Nerdhomemathfun:
- the 4-6 pm WITCHING HOUR. Holy CRAPP. Both the Little Scientist and I turn into screaming banshees for two hours after nap.
- a surge in preschool conversations at the playground. Who’s signing up for what, where and when. I know that we’re probably not doing formal preschool (at least for now) for fiscal reasons… And because I’m having WAY too much fun with my almost-2-year-old. Note: I reserve the right to change THAT opinion on an hourly basis.
- the amazing Diana over at Hormonal Imbalances has started blogging about home(pre)school. And while I will nevereverever be as organized as her, a girl can hope / admire / emulate.
DING DING DING DING DING!!
So here’s what I’m thinking: most days from 4-5:30 or 6, the LS & I are going to try to have a kind of structured activity time. (My hope too is that this helps prevent those days – that happen too often – where we get to bedtime and all the running we did all day was adult errands.)
Today, the inaugural day of Nerdschoolmathfun, we:
- fingerpainted (my autocorrect wants that to be fingerPRINTED. Doh.) for almost half-an-hour!!
- made and played with paint bags (pics below)
- played a hand-over-hand rope pulling game
- went outside and ran up and down our alphabet fence
- picked puffball dandelions and practiced blowing them off
- called Auntie K (hiiiiii!)
- unloaded the dishwasher (his “chore” along with sweeping)
My fave moment was when we were sitting outside & LS wanted his water bottle. He ran to get it, drank, stood and thought, grabbed MY water bottle and brought it to me. *MELTS* (That he then proceeded to dump water on my lap doesn’t negate the sweet intention, right?)
I welcome any and ALL ideas for how to make this time better for us both!!